Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Vacation-click here

Owning your own business comes with many challenges not the least of which is that you end up wearing many hats, I am the Salesman, Network and Information Systems Tech, Assistant Service Technician, Collections Manager, Delivery Guy, Marketing Manager and too many more to list.



I love what I do and it’s fun for me but when you open the door in the morning and lock it at night for 3 years you start to wear down a bit so I thought I would look into a vacation (I had to look in wikipedia to even know what this was) for myself and the family and imagine the sticker shock I got once I realized that to do anything with a family of four would cost a minimum of $3000. Now you have to keep in mind that I am the guy that went to the movies for the first time in about 4 years last weekend and was equally shocked to find out the cost of a movie ticket is $8.00.



So how do you do it? I chat with my friends that are flying the family to Hawaii ($1,600 for a family of four) and staying at the Sheraton ($350 a night) and I start to wonder WTF! Am I doing something wrong? Are these people making that much money that they can drop that kind of cash on quick jaunt to the islands or are they just going into debt? A 5 day vacation in Cabo San Lucas would cost about $4,000.00 the same vacation in San Diego would cost about $3,000 (on a budget and who wants to be on a budget on vacation) so I concluded that I need to just keep opening that front door in the morning and locking it at night and maybe someday they will bury me some place nice.

1 comment:

OArnsworth said...

Thats the same thing I thought "Are they making that much more than me". Do what we do pick somewhere close and with a river or park and camp and call it vacation.