Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thank You Grandpa Lance

Hawke received a birthday card from his Grandpa in South Carolina “Grandpa Lance” the kids are always happy to receive mail and birthday cards are especially appreciated.




Kenya needed a trim so the only way to trim such curly hair is to straighten it and what does a girl with curly hair love? Straight hair, they had fun and Kenya looks beautiful.



The weather is pretty crazy here right now yesterday it was snowing and today it is 70 degrees and sunny so we have been playing outside and huddling inside based on mother natures whims. Work has been quite so Theresa and I decided to have the “bonus room” sheet rocked, we have a 3 car garage and above that is an unfinished room that is about 625 square feet, we have already contracted the wiring and the insulation so all that is left is the sheet rock and the carpet (Theresa wants to paint 12 different colors on the walls so I will leave that to her). Dogs…………My family has the dog bug so shopping for a dog has crept on the radar and I’m not exactly stoked about it, they are another mouth to feed and butt to wipe if you ask me but I seem to be out voted, the criteria for a dog is 1. small 2. Quite 3. Short hair and last but not least 4. cheap, I can’t believe how much people want for dogs these days, and the number of made up breeds cockapoo, maltipoo, it seems if you can get the sexual organs to fit you have a new specialty breed that is apparently worth $800 and needs to go to the vet every 6 weeks for something or the other but I digress we will probably end up with some hairy shedding expensive dog that has a heart murmur and a bowel disorder that my kids can’t live without.

4 comments:

Jenn Tobin said...

LMAO, you crack me up! There is generally someone at first who does not like the new animal. And it sounds like everyone wants the same thing but you, so you will be the unhappy one. But if our journey of animals over the last 9 years (some 20ish dogs, and 15ish cats) is any indication, YOU will be the one in love and unable to part with it in no time:) Thom is generally the one dragging his feet and arguing about which one is will 'allow' us to get, but then when I am done and want it to go away, he puts up the biggest fight for the dog 'he loves', LOL:)

Carla said...

I knew one day this would happen. HA! I was more than nervous to bring a dog into our home...but with careful consideration and "looking"..we found the best dog for us. (You will too.)

Good luck!
:)Carla

TriciaC said...

I have a little plaque in my house which reads: "A home can never be complete without the patter of little dog feet." It took me 30 years for me to get my first dog, but it was well worth it! They give a lot of unconditional love, which everyone can use these days.

Jamal said...

hahaha, I'm sorry dude, i probably started that dog thing, lol. But hey it will love you no matter what...